- Can I Install Additional Applications?
Programs and games must be adapted directly for the device. Adapted application are already integrated into the device and are found under "Applications".
- How to connect to a Wi-Fi network?
For PocketBook 622 (software version 4.4), 623, 624, 626, 614, 515, 801 you can set an automatic connection. To proceed, please accomplish these steps:
1. Go to Settings – Network – Network Access – ON.
2. Select your network from the list, enter the password and accept the connection by pressing Connect.
For all the other models, to set up a Wi-Fi connection, please proceed as follows:
1. Go to Settings – Connectivity – Wi-Fi - <Connection 1>.
2. Press Network name (SSID) and select one of the available networks (or enter its SSID from on-screen key board if the network is hidden).
3. By default, the <Connection name> field will be named the same as the Network name (SSID).
4. Then, select the required security type and enter the Network key.
5. To check if the network has been configured correctly, press Test connection.
- How to delete a file from the device?
There are two ways to do that:
1. Connect the turned on Device to the PC using micro-USB cable. You will be asked to select the USB mode: PC Link or Charge. Choose PC Link. Your computer’s operating system will detect the Device’s storage as a removable disk (if an SD card is mounted – as two ones). Now you can delete the files from the Device or SD card using Explorer or other file manager. Right click on the file and choose Delete.
2. Choose Library from the device’s main menu.
A) Long press the OK button on the file or folder you want to delete until the pop-up menu appears.
В)Then choose: File – Delete (for touchscreen models long press the file or folder with your finger until the pop-up menu appears, then choose: File – Delete).
- How to install the additional dictionaries on PocketBook?
Additional dictionaries can be purchased at our official content-store www.bookland.com
Instruction for installing dictionaries at PocketBook Pro series.
Instruction for installing dictionaries at PocketBook Basic and Touch series.
Instruction for installing dictionaries at PocketBook with Android OS.
- How to load books on the device?
Connect the turned on Device to the PC using the micro-USB cable. You will be asked to select the USB mode: PC Link or Charge. Choose PC Link.
Your computer’s operating system will detect the Device’s storage as a removable disk (if an SD card is mounted – as two ones).
Now you can copy files to the Device or SD card using File Explorer or another file manager.
Right click on the file and choose Copy, then go to the PocketBook’s internal memory directory and choose Paste.
Please note that archive files with .zip and .rar extension are to be extracted first before sending to the device.
- How to Properly Charge the Battery?
A device should be turned off during the initial 2 charging sessions. The recommended duration of the initial charging sessions is 8-10 hours.
Further on, 2-3 hours will be enough to fully charge the battery.
The battery can be charged via the USB cable (which is delivered with the device) through the USB-slot on the computer; the wall chargers with the following specifications are also allowed for usage (to be bought additionally): voltage - 5V, current - 1A.
- I Cannot Find the System Folder
If the device is connected to the PC and you cannot find the system folder, it is hidden.
To get the access to the system folder you should follow the steps below:
1 ) Open the root folder of internal memory of the device with the help of the File Manager and select the Service Tab in the upper part of the File Manager (if it is not visible by default , press ALT to call the Service Menu) – choose Folder Specifications.
2) In the appearing window select the View Tab;
3) Find the "Hide protected system files and folders" option and deactivate it;
4) Find the “Show hidden files and folders" option and activate it. Confirm your choice with YES and APPLY.
If everything is done correctly, you will see the hidden folders in the internal memory of the device (including the system folder).
- The Computer Does Not Recognize the Device
If the computer does not recognize the device, follow the guidelines listed below:
1. Check if the device has been turned ON before connected to the PC. Thus, you must first turn on the device and let it boot to the main menu, after that you can establish the connection to the computer. It is also recommended to check the communication settings on the Pocketbook device: Settings - Connectivity – USB mode - Ask when connected (For the models 622 with the firmware version 4.4, 623, 624, 626, 614, 515, 801, select Settings - Advanced Settings - System - USB mode - Ask when connected). To activate the setting, press the Back paging button to get back to the Main Menu.
After that, connect the device to the PC via the USB- cable; there will appear a pop up window on the screen of the device with the following options: “PC-Link” or "Charging". Choose "PC-Link". On your PC go to the File Explorer or to My Computer to find a removable drive named as a Pocketbook Device.
2 . Check if the cable is firmly plugged into the USB-slot. Also try connecting the USB cable into other slots, and if possible, try an alternative cable.
3 . If you are using a fixed computer, try to insert the cable into the USB-slot on the rear panel of the system unit;
4 . Make sure that your device is running the latest firmware version. To check the current version, choose Settings – Information about Device – Firmware Version. All the available firmware versions are placed on the official website www.pocketbook-int.com (in the "Support" section - select the device model). In case you device needs updating, choose the "Documentation" section on the website to find the Upgrade Manual.
5 . If your device is running the latest firmware version and the above mentioned recommendations have brought no result, you should format the internal memory of the device (Settings - Maintenance - Formatting the internal memory or Settings - Advanced Settings - System - Formatting the internal memory). Attention!!! Formatting removes all the user’s files (books, photos, and music) from the internal memory of the device, therefore before performing this operation, it is recommended to make a backup copy of the data on your computer or an external memory card.
- The preinstalled games and applications disappeared
In this case you should format the internal memory of the device through Settings – Additional settings – System – Format internal memory (Setting/Configuration – Maintanance – Format internal memory)
Before accomplishing the procedure, connect the device to the PC and save the entire user's information (including the preinstalled fiction books if needed) aside, as it will be deleted.
- What password should I enter to install TTS?
The file for the TTS package must have a .pbi extension. If you are requested to enter a password, it means the file you have downloaded has a .zip extension. In this case, we suggest you downloading the file with the help of Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox browser. You may also change the file extension by resaving the file with «all files» type and renaming it with the .pbi in the end of its title.
- Which SD cards are supported by device?
The device is compatible with the micro SD and micro SD HC cards up to 32 GB, the speed class from 2 to 10. The card is to be inserted in accordance with the manual (depending on the model, the printed side should be turned up or down). Please make sure that the device is turned off before the SD card is inserted. Please use your fingernail to shove the card all the way into the slot until the card makes a clicking sound.